Monaco Muse
  • Home
  • Fashion
  • lifestyle
  • Footwear
  • Celebrity
  • Culture
  • Travel
  • Food
  • Home
  • Fashion
  • lifestyle
  • Footwear
  • Celebrity
  • Culture
  • Travel
  • Food
No Result
View All Result
Monaco Muse

“‘They Oversaw Everything’: Accused Gunman Says Syrian Security Forces Directed Civilian Killings of Alawites”

Monaco Muse by Monaco Muse
in News, Politics, World
Reading Time: 2 mins read


Latakia, Syria — A man accused of taking part in one of the worst waves of sectarian killings in Syria’s recent history has claimed to the BBC that government security forces oversaw and advised armed civilians, including himself, during attacks on Alawite communities in early March.

The accused, who identified himself as Abu Khalid, said he travelled as a civilian fighter to the village of Sanobar on March 7 to confront what he described as “former regime insurgents.”

“We were told by the General Security department not to harm civilians—only to shoot if we were shot at,” Abu Khalid said. “They were overseeing everything. They wanted order.”

Yet footage recorded by Abu Khalid himself tells a different story. In one video, he is seen executing a 64-year-old Alawite villager, Mahmoud Yusef Mohammed, at point-blank range outside his home. Abu Khalid insists the man was armed—but the video shows no weapon, and the victim’s family denies he was involved in any fighting.

Military police have denied any coordination with Abu Khalid or similar civilian fighters.

The violence in Sanobar was part of a broader campaign of sectarian brutality that swept through Syria’s coastal region in March. The United Nations says tens of thousands remain displaced, and human rights groups estimate that nearly 900 civilians—mostly Alawites—were killed.

Alawites, an offshoot of Shia Islam who comprise about 10% of Syria’s population, had long been associated with the country’s former president, Bashar al-Assad. His ousting last year by a Sunni Islamist-led coalition has left many Alawite communities vulnerable and afraid.

On March 6, former regime loyalists launched raids on government security forces, triggering a retaliatory response from the new leadership. That response—meant to target insurgents—rapidly devolved into mass violence against Alawite civilians.

In Sanobar, at least 200 residents were slaughtered over the course of several days. The once-close-knit village now houses mostly women and orphans, its streets silenced by fear and loss.

Mahmoud Yusef Mohammed’s body lay outside his home for three days. His wife and grandchildren, hiding nearby, were too terrified to retrieve it.

“He was a good man,” his daughter told the BBC privately. “A farmer. A father. He didn’t deserve this.”

Although government sources claim the security forces acted to protect villagers, survivor testimony paints a more complicated picture—one of unchecked violence, overlapping militias, and a chaotic chain of command in which accountability remains elusive.Two months on, Sanobar’s wounds are still raw. Its cemetery has grown larger, but its people remain silent.

Previous Post

Next Post

Israel Approves Gaza Seizure Plan as Tensions Escalate: Netanyahu Vows “Forceful Operation” Against Hamas

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

No Result
View All Result

Categories

  • Business (23)
  • Celebrity (24)
  • Cover (28)
  • Culture (18)
  • Earth (3)
  • Entertainment (1)
  • Fashion (27)
  • Food (11)
  • Footwear (11)
  • Health (14)
  • Lifestyle (49)
  • Movie (6)
  • Music (16)
  • News (180)
  • Politics (101)
  • Sports (3)
  • Travel (14)
  • War (7)
  • Wealth (3)
  • World (171)

Recent.

Matthew Nino Azcuy: The Visionary Behind MNA Industries’ Multi-Million-Dollar Creative Empire

Matthew Nino Azcuy: The Visionary Behind MNA Industries’ Multi-Million-Dollar Creative Empire

February 16, 2026
Architecting the Global Memory of the Future: Tomilola Boyinde’s Long View of Digital Innovation

Architecting the Global Memory of the Future: Tomilola Boyinde’s Long View of Digital Innovation

February 12, 2026
Maykel Pérez: The Publicist and Strategist Behind Latino Success.

Maykel Pérez: The Publicist and Strategist Behind Latino Success.

February 6, 2026

Category

  • Business (23)
  • Celebrity (24)
  • Cover (28)
  • Culture (18)
  • Earth (3)
  • Entertainment (1)
  • Fashion (27)
  • Food (11)
  • Footwear (11)
  • Health (14)
  • Lifestyle (49)
  • Movie (6)
  • Music (16)
  • News (180)
  • Politics (101)
  • Sports (3)
  • Travel (14)
  • War (7)
  • Wealth (3)
  • World (171)

Tags

Arta Kallaba Best Dressed Caroline Farah Lembck Celebrity Style Cirque de Monte-Carlo 2026 Cleanne Lynn Johnson Conga Batalex Coupe de France 2026 D.I.Y. Fashion Dr. Aniqa Jahaan Dr. Elio Galan Eva Zuk Fashion Week FEI Jumping World Cup French Cup football Galan Aesthetics Global Champions League rider Golden Globes Jada Raquel Jennifer Aitken Kaoru Takayasu Katie Lohmann Katy Monroe Lucy Clarkson Maykel Pérez MIRUD Monaco away win Monaco circus festival Monaco equestrian Monegasque show jumper Monte-Carlo casino expansion Monte-Carlo Circus Festival Monte-Carlo luxury resorts Oscars 2017 Osigbodi Ajose Philipp Köhn saves Red Carpet rohit roy Runaway Look Sam Mishra Starmer policy U-turn Street Style Tatiana Kallmann Tomilola Boyinde UK digital ID workers

Recent Posts

  • Matthew Nino Azcuy: The Visionary Behind MNA Industries’ Multi-Million-Dollar Creative Empire February 16, 2026
  • Architecting the Global Memory of the Future: Tomilola Boyinde’s Long View of Digital Innovation February 12, 2026
  • Maykel Pérez: The Publicist and Strategist Behind Latino Success. February 6, 2026

© 2025 - Monaco Muse

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Fashion
  • lifestyle
  • Footwear
  • Celebrity
  • Culture
  • Travel
  • Food

© 2025 - Monaco Muse